Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I Love Summer Break

This morning I was at swim team and I was listening to two mom's complain about summer break and how hard it is to keep their kids entertained, and I thought to myself I love summer vacation. So I thought I would list what I love about summer break:

1. I don't have to pack any lunches.

2. J.J has 5 other people to entertain him

3. Weekly trips to the library

4. Watching my kids devour their library books

5. Earning free tickets to Breakers Water Park from reading all those books

6. Free 10:00a.m. Movies at the theater(who cares if they're older movies, the theater is air conditioned.

7.Swim team

8. Swimming, Swimming and more Swimming.
9.Simple dinners that don't heat the house
10.Hanging out with the kids during the day just trying to stay cool in the house.
11. Going to Utah
12. And best of all I don't have to take JJ shopping he can stay home with the kids.

So I say to the ladies at the pool relax, have fun and let your house get messy, the kids will be back in school soon enough.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

I agree! Although I haven't caught the free movies yet, but we plan on it. And for you to have this list when Scott is out camping I am impressed. You are not even in survival mode you are in the enjoying mode...very impressive!

Grandpa Howe said...

Where are these free 10:00 movies!? I would leave work to go see free movies. That's even better than the $1.00 flicks on Tuesday at the Gateway. Summer is the BEST!

Linda said...

What makes me mad is that the kids are getting robbed of their summers. Whatever happened to getting out at the end of May and returning the very end of August? I want my 3 months back man. They are stealing our kids' childhoods!