Thursday, August 12, 2010

First day of School






H0me Alone at Last!
The Kids started school today. After being in Alabama for 2 weeks the kids get to start a new school. I think most of them were excited to start and make some new friends. I can"t believe that I have 2 in high school, 2 at the middle school and 2 elementary. Although here in Birmingham they have an intremidiate school for 4th and 5th graders so Syd and JJ are at different schools. 6 kids 4 schools its been fun registering all the kids at the schools. Alabama has some strange micro managing ways of doing things.
I have lost my entertainment to the public school system. I was sad to send JJ off to Kindergarten today. He wouldn't even let me walk him to class he just looked at me and said I know where it is and turned and left. Not what I expected at all. Just Yesterday when we went to meet his teacher he was hiding behind me and told the teacher he thought school would be boring and he would rather stay at home. Thank goodness for small miracles. I just pray his teacher has a good sence of humor or its going to be a LONG year.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Great pics! Seth was even smiling. We met Holmans teacher who is not peppy at all, but luckily he didn't notice, he was too distracted by all cool things in her classroom.

Linda said...

The kids are looking forward to seeeing so many of their cousins again soon! I still can't believe how much the kids changed in two years! Actually we are all looking forward to seeing all of you next weekend!

Sarah said...

JJ that crazy kid! "I know where to go" lol! Only J! That teacher is going to LOVE him! the crazy funny ones are always fun! What will you do with out you little comedian?? BUt now you will get all the fun stories from his adventures at school. I can only imagine the hilarity than will ensue!!!!